Monday, September 05, 2005

Partir, c'est mourir un peu

The first time I tried writing a love letter for myself [I'd mastered the art, and authored several a letter for a fair price in alcoholic beverages by the time...]; it never got sent to the girl... Instead I modified it and included parts of it in a Kalari article [Kairali's in-house mag]...

" I do not know for what deed of mine in my last life I have been rewarded with so many laurels, of which having the good fortune to be acquainted with you becomes the icing on the cake. At times I feel that you are not just human but rather an angel sent from above, perhaps an incarnation of some divine godly form, let's put it as the God of small things, blessed with these gifts which you bestow upon me as I arrive.

The small things that you do that makes me happy in not just small measures but very large heaps. The little parties you throw, the little songs you sing, the little dances you perform, the little advices you give, the little games we play, the little chats we have. The little things that make this life a little, no, a lot worth living.

If I compare each person I have met in this miniscule lifetime of mine to a star, I would call you a shooting star. Few and far between do you come by to emblazon me with your celestial presence. You were not there when just a few stars inhabited my skies, and will not be there when my skies are to be peopled by so many. But when you are around, you just light up my sky, you make all the stars just stop and look on at you.

When I'm with you I feel I'm dancing with the angels in the sky, I see snowfall in the summertime, feel the healing powers of the one above, see the world from the highest mountain, taste love from the purest fountain. With you I saw the sun make love to the sea. You lift me up when I'm feeling low, I see my tears disappear, and I feel my pain pass away. You do the things I've never done; I've sailed in a perfect dream but still haven't seen anything that amazes me quite like you do.
"

Today after all these years I'm still being asked to write ... I couldn't help but look back ...

3 comments:

Ajnu said...

TSP... did he write this for you??

Lord Avi said...

aj... do you think i'm incapable of writing good stuff... agreed most of what i spew is wierd, distorted and downright messy but i can write well if i want to (although not as well as arun...)

and arun.... seriously.... speak out... bottling everything up for fear of loss is not the way.... you must attain that which you crave.... every human-monkey's sole reason of living is for an Object that he or she so desires (notice the capital O).... and if you dont get the Object that you will be heartbroken and that you will sink down into despair... and if you get your Object, you will screw up your Object (like you destroy every other thing in your life)after you have gotten it... balls, life is a huge game os russian roullette.... spin the damn thing and press the trigger asshole!.....

more power to you.....

Lord Avi said...

agreed it seems like im stoned back there.... i aint.... its just that i listened to "The Wizard" about 10 ties today.....