Tuesday, July 13, 2004

indigena lingua - the prologue

Very few people realise that each and every word we have said, do say and will say, deeply influences the way in which we each experience the world. Moreover, every word that each of us has already heard, is hearing or will hear - affects us profoundly.

And as i sat around thinking, pondering, remembering the people that filled my life. I found myself giggling away to myself. Surely it would look like I have hit the high grounds of insanity for any onlooker, but it was nothing but a recollection of the words that people made up. No dictionary would have'em listed, and as the grey matter withers away the tethering shreds of memory too wouldn't rummage upon it. The compulsion to have them documented seemed to splurge from within.

If the project at hand comes anywhere close to completion I would truly treasure it as the most valid of my earthly possessions... The last verses that I would like to be read to me on my death bed. When my eyes would have failed me and my ears can hardly comprehend the incoherent garble and sounds that echo through the air.

If any one who has known me in this earthly lifetime of mine, would be kind enough to recite the liturgy of words on my death bed. You can rest assured that you have sent this wretched soul to the land of eternal bliss and happiness.

No comments: